STATE OF MINNESOTA IN DISTRICT COURT
COUNTY OF STEELE
THIRD JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CASE TYPE 4: Dissolution with Children
Court File Number:
In the marriage of:
Ahmed Dahir Wais,
THE STATE OF MINNESOTA TO THE ABOVE-NAMED RESPONDENT, Ahmed Dahir Wais, 1405 19th Ave., SW, Apt. 208, Willmar, Minnesota 56201:
YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED and required to serve upon Petitioner’s attorney an
Answer to the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage which is now served upon you, within thirty
(30) days after service of this Summons upon you, exclusive of the day of service. If you fail to
do so, judgment by default will be taken against you for the relief demanded in the Petition.
The object of this proceeding is a dissolution of the marriage relationship and such
division of property involved as the Court finds just.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY RESTRAINING AND
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROVISIONS
UNDER MINNESOTA LAW, SERVICE OF THIS SUMMONS MAKES THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS APPLY TO BOTH PARTIES TO THIS ACTION, UNLESS THEY ARE MODIFIED BY THE COURT OR THE PROCEEDING IS DISMISSED:
(1) NEITHER PARTY MAY DISPOSE OF ANY ASSETS EXCEPT :
(a) FOR THE NECESSITIES OF LIFE OR FOR THE NECESSARY GENERATION OF INCOME OR PRESERVATION OF ASSETS,
(b) BY AN AGREEMENT IN WRITING, OR
(c) FOR HIRING AN ATTORNEY FOR THIS PROCEEDING;
(2) NEITHER PARTY MAY HARASS THE OTHER PARTY; AND
(3) ALL CURRENTLY AVAILABLE INSURANCE COVERAGE MUST BE MAINTAINED AND CONTINUED WITHOUT CHANGE IN COVERAGE OR BENEFICIARY DESIGNATION.
IF YOU VIOLATE ANY OF THESE PROVISIONS, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO SANCTIONS BY THE COURT.
(4) PARTIES TO A MARRIAGE DISSOLUTION PROCEEDING ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEMPT ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PURSUANT TO MINNESOTA LAW. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION INCLUDES MEDIATION, ARBITRATION, AND OTHER PROCESSES AS SET FORTH IN THE DISTRICT COURT RULES. YOU MAY CONTACT THE COURT ADMINISTRATOR ABOUT RESOURCES IN YOUR AREA. IF YOU CANNOT PAY FOR MEDIATION OR ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION, IN SOME COUNTIES, ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH A NONPROFIT PROVIDER OR A COURT PROGRAM. IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF DOMESTIC ABUSE OR THREATS OF ABUSE AS DEFINED IN MINNESOTA STATUTES, CHAPTER 518B, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO TRY MEDIATION AND YOU WILL NOT BE PENALIZED BY THE COURT IN LATER PROCEEDINGS.
NOTICE OF PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 518.157, IN A CONTESTED PROCEEDING INVOLVING CUSTODY OR PARENTING TIME OF A MINOR CHILD, THE PARTIES MUST BEGIN PARTICIPATION IN A PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAM THAT MEETS MINIMUM STANDARDS PROMULGATED BY THE MINNESOTA SUPREME COURT WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE FIRST FILING WITH THE COURT. IN SOME DISTRICTS, PARENTING EDUCATION MAY BE REQUIRED IN ALL CUSTODY OR PARENTING PROCEEDINGS. YOU MAY CONTACT THE DISTRICT COURT ADMINISTRATOR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THIS REQUIREMENT AND THE AVAILABILITY OF PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAMS.
SOUTHERN MINNESOTA REGIONAL LEGAL SERVICES
Dated: January 10, 2018
/s/ Tracy Shoberg
Attorney for Petitioner
Attorney License No. 0398545 903 West Center Street, Suite 230 Rochester, MN 55902
Phone: (507) 292-0080
FAX: (507) 292-0060
3/13, 3/20, 3/27